You are passionate about your company and the products you make. Ascension Sales Group knows how to sell that passion to the consumer.Read more.
We are an organization formed by experienced representatives that immerse ourselves in outdoor sports and the products that facilitate our lifestyle. We demand efficient, reliable and relevant equipment. We pride ourselves in putting what we sell to good, hard use.
But we're more than just gear heads. We are also equipment sales professionals with more than 50 years of collective experience in the outdoor industry.
The Ascension Mission
Ascension strives to establish and nurture enduring relationships with retallers by providing unmatched service fueled by knowledge of the sports we serve, cultivating passion as deep as our own among retail owners, buyers, and customers.
Ascension's Sales Fundamentals:
- Brand Management
- Retailer Relationship Management
- Infrastructure Investment
- Sales Analysis
- Business Planning
- Efficient Service
Dedicated Relationship Management
The combined experience of our representatives has led to long-term relationships with 400+ retailers in the outdoor industry. Ascension understands the value of building relationships with the individuals who buy for and own both small and large retail businesses. When we take on a brand, we take it to retailers who we have known and worked with for decades. We also eagerly seek out new retail partners, provided they are an apt fit for the brand and its products.
When we make big promises we follow through by investing in our company to better serve our brand partners. Ascension has a show room and warehouse in Golden, CO, and a satellite office in Salt Lake City, UT. We have a fully equipped van for demos and clinics, a full-time repping staff, and in-house analytical support.
We collect and analyze sales data to determine what products are performing and why. We leverage analytics to predict trends, stay ahead of the market, and improve sales for manufacturers and retailers.
Our investment in analytics paired with our personal interactions with retailers offers insight into which products are working and which are not. This allows us to adjust sales strategies with retailers and provide planning knowledge to our brand partners.
We understand the speed of business and stay up-to-date on our brands’ products and sales terms. Through synced team communication and regular internal briefings, Ascension can provide knowledgeable agency support anytime you need it.
Ascension is dedicated to the causes that benefit our retailers, our brands, our industry, and our own passions. Brad Barlage is an active board member for Friends of Indian Creek and the Wasatch Backcountry Alliance. We also support the Access Fund and are members of the Outdoor Industry Association.
The Ascension Team
Brad Barlage - Brad starting working in the outdoor industry in 1993. Working in customer service, finance, product and finally finding his passion in sales. He worked as a sales manager for years but found that in the field sales is his preferred position. Brad now manages Ascension's Utah business and western key accounts. In his time away from work, Brad climbs as much as possible, skis the backcountry in search of famed Utah powder and mountain bikes.
Eric Johnson - EJ has been in the outdoor industry since the 1980s. He cut his teeth with eight years in retail, became a retail buyer, and eventually moved into an outdoor manufacturing position. EJ became a rep in the Rocky Mountain region in 2001, and has been a sales representative for many top tier brands, including Vasque since 2005. EJ currently oversees accounts in Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma as Ascension’s specialist for climbing and footwear. EJ lives for the outdoor life; from sailing to biking to climbing to fishing, he participates as much as time allows.
- Brian began working in the outdoor industry in 1997 as a customer service agent, then a sales coordinator. He moved on to become a sales rep in the Rocky Mountain region in 2000. With a over decade of sales repping experience under his belt, he started working for Black Diamond in 2010. Brian manages Ascension’s key accounts in Wyoming, Nebraska, and Northern Colorado, along with the overall business. Somehow, he also manages to rack up a fair number of outdoor recreation days in between.
- Caleb first worked as a trader and eventually as Vice President at Charles Schwab over the course of 10 years before taking a needed break to enjoy his passion for outdoor sports in the Rockies. He met Brian during that break, on a ski mountaineering foray. Five years later, when Brian called Caleb with an intriguing opportunity to combine a passion for the outdoors and business, it was an easy sell, and Caleb now manages Ascension’s analytics and participates in business strategy.
- Holly is a Texas native that migrated to Colorado to rock climb, snowboard, mountain bike, and generally spend more quality days outside. She was educated as a Nutritionist and speaks Spanish fluently. Holly has a background as a community liaison, retail associate in the yoga market, and sales rep in the clothing industry. She has worked with retailers in Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, and of course Texas. She is passionate about the brands, stores, and communities of people she works with.
Ronnie Jenkins - Born and raised in Chattanooga, TN, Ronnie was introduced into the local rock climbing scene and it became an all consuming passion. His intense love for climbing inevitably led him to a career in the outdoor industry. For 16 years, Ronnie has worked the retail floor, developed rock climbing shoes, and worked in the Black Diamond sales and service department. If you can not reach him via phone or email, checking a local crag, gym or boulder is probably your best bet.